Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1 Hour Skirt

I love pattern-free sewing.  Mostly because I'm completely horrible with patterns.  They might as well be in a different language.  I look at the picture and have a fairly solid idea of how to progress, but by the time I get to step 3 in the instructions, I'm lost, lost, lost.  So many thanks to DIY Couture for posting this free tutorial, and to Etsy for featuring it on their How-To Tuesday section of The Storque!

Since I'm kinda hip-y and gathering isn't necessarily flattering for that, I made my shirt out of a really light-weight knit so it wouldn't add too much bulk.  I finished in just over a hour.  It probably wouldn't have even taken that long, if I hadn't been wrapped up in No Reservations.  (I'll always love you, Anthony Bourdain!)

Here's a not-so-great photo of the finished product.  Please excuse my messy room and the fact that for some reason, it's only letting me upload the photo sideways.  Booooo!:

Anyway, I'm completely in love with DIY Couture.  You can see their entire collection on their website.  The instructions make so much sense to me.  And once they have the instructions for their wrap-top up, it is all mine!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment