Monday, August 9, 2010

A Second Store for Aunt Batman?

In addition to creating new items for my etsy store, my other long-running project is sewing for my niece and nephew out in California.  They live so far away and I get to see they so seldom, that it feels nice to send them something I made while thinking of how much I love them.  AJ has quite the collection of hand-made presents, but that's just because he has a few years on Em.  His favorite thing I've made him is his Batman blanket.  He used to call me "Aunt Batman" when he was younger.  It's the best nickname I've ever had!

Josqueline (mother/best friend extraordinaire) recently suggested that I start a line for babies and children.  She loves the things I've made for her kids - blankets, pillows, tiny bath robes,stuffed toys.  I'm still kicking the idea around, but I think I like it.  It would have to be a separate store, though, as mustaches and babies have very little in common.

I'm working on a Spiderman pillow for AJ at the moment.  (Spidey is by far his favorite super hero)  They'll be pictures up later this week when I've finished.

My favorite part of California visits <3

No comments:

Post a Comment